ANIAR Ecology uses the best available survey guidance from Ireland and the UK to ensure best-practice methods are followed for all fieldwork. We are all experienced field ecologists and can undertake field surveys covering the following:
- General land and sea based bird surveys (wetland birds, breeding birds, vantage point, ESAS, nesting seabirds)
- Species specific bird surveys (e.g. hen harrier, red grouse, Kingfisher, pre-breeding common scoter).
- Targeted bird studies including use of radio and GPS tagging, ringing and monitoring plots.
- Mammal surveys (otter, badger)
- Habitat classification
- General botanical surveys
- Upland vegetation & condition surveys
- Soil sampling
- invertebrate sampling
- diatom sampling
- macroalgae sampling
- sediment sampling
Water quality monitoring